Monday, November 3, 2008

Monday musings

Today is my birthday and the most wonderful gift is being birthed! Our church web site has been wonderful, but I didn't know how to operate or update it, and needless to say, it is WAY out of date. For my birthday, my son has rewritten the web site, updating everything and making it so that I will be able to update it myself. Or, if not, he says he'll do it for me once a month! I'm quite excited. We're not there yet, but within a few days curious people and even parishioners(!) can get information about our mission in the burbs.

On Saturday, we'll be feeding the workers on a Habitat for Humanity house. Most of our people are unable to actually climb up on roofs, etc., so we fix lunch for those who do -- making sure they have plenty of calories to burn while swinging those hammers! Then on Sunday, the Right Reverend Dena H. Harrison, Suffragan Bishop of the Diocese of Texas will be coming for confirmations. I just got a call that our new sign may be shipped tomorrow. There's a possibility it could be in place for her visit -- wouldn't that be wonderful? We have two confirmands, and one person being received into the Episcopal Church. It's going to be an exciting week....

1 comment:

1-4 Grace said...

Happy Birthday and what a great gift from your son. Now if you will send him our way please...
Website help is needed